I know this post is already overdue but I’ll still blog about this as part of the things that I want to do for this year.
This is the theme for the month of January of the “Brew Your Best Year Journal”, perfect for new year. For many of us, new year is about starting doing new and different things. But it is also a time when we try to put an end to whatever that is worth ending.
I came to think about the things that I should already start doing, and the things that I should get rid off. Here are some of those things that I want to share:
- Avoid temptations of buying new clothes now and then. (I suddenly thought yesterday of adding a new item in my 2014 Challenges – To avoid shopping. Or if I can’t avoid shopping, I’ll challenge myself to limit the amount of spending to a certain amount. Or maybe I’ll just buy discounted items. Which makes me think… What if I blog about this challenge so that it will be exciting?)
- Avoid the “hasta mañana habit”. (I want to practice the “one minute rule” according to “The Happiness Project”)
- Avoid buying things that I do not need. (Prioritize my “needs” and not my “wants”)
- Start saving. (52 Week Money Challenge Accepted) And be wiser on budgeting.
- Follow a strict guideline when it comes to timetable in the office.
- Start a healthy living – physical activities, healthy eating, and less stress.
- I honestly want to improve my English skills (written and spoken)
I know that there will be more items in this list in the next months to come. But one of the things that I “really want” to have this year is to feel determined to become better and do the things that I want to do, not only during the “new year season”, but for throughout the year.